We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow employees to add their schedule availability

155 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sooo it's now 2019, would be great if this feature could be implemented soon.

• James Bachelder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need to have availability on the web. It turns out that I have an employee without a smartphone.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very excited this is getting added, it is the #1 critical function I need here, and I'm starting to see it show up but only in the mobile app. Will it be available for the browser soon? Is it already, but buried somewhere?

• Groeteke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new availability feature is a good start but it gets confusing when the employe's availability changes each week. The employee needs to be able to set the M-F availability for each week of the month or by date.

I am glad to see that this is being released but we need to be able to have it custom. For example that normally works Monday to Thursday can choose to show they are available on Friday also. If there is an overtime shift available for Friday the manager can see that they are available and add the shift for them. This is best done by date and time available.

We have several hundred casual and part-time employees, as well as a few hundred volunteers. We currently ask for day, afternoon and night shift availability for each day of the week, as well as whether the availability is the same or different from week 1 to week 2 as we have a fortnightly roster. It would be great to be able to do this through StaffHub rather than an online form.

This is an essential feature when you have to manage part-time or casual workers. We have numerous locations with different opening hours and employ students to run some of the services. We need to be able to work around their schedules. We should also be able to create shifts and drag and drop workers in to the shifts to match their availability.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow employees to block off days/times they cannot work. This allows management to easily schedule them. Maybe allow management to drag and drop saved shifts.

Employee availability is critical when you're managing 150 (college) student workers. Working around their class schedules, other campus involvement, holidays and breaks doesn't allow for them to always be available the same times during the day every day. Also, we're a campus Rec department. while our facility is not 24/7, we do have extensive operation hours; therefore not all shifts are the same length of time. During finals weeks, holidays and breaks, we like to post unassigned shifts and allow staff to pick up the ones they're can/want to work. I have used SubItUp and When To Work. Would definitely switch to Staff Hub if the scheduler had all the necessary components such as employee availability (both hourly and shift options - SubItup Feature).

• Cathy McCoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if there were a way for workers to indicate that they "prefer" or "don't prefer" certain shifts. I try to take my workers preferences into account when building their schedules, although sometimes I have to give them shifts they would rather not have. I do NOT give them shifts for which they indicate they are "unavailable." It would be really nice to be able to continue this with StaffHub.

• Nikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Letting the staff add their availability will make this app make a lot more sense and usability.

• Graham Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not just allow employee to enter their own time pending approval by manager? and allow editing schedule via mobile app.

• Terry Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a HUGE feature used in WhentoWork. If you are positioning this app to be similar in scope, this feature should have already been included.

Yes please! This is a MUST HAVE for this app to be viable in Higher Education for use with Student workers!

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, an employee should be able to indicate preferred amount of hours and other scheduling preferences.
    i.e. "I prefer to work less than 10 hours/wk", "I'd like as many hours as I can get", or "I prefer morning (or afternoon) shifts", etc.

• Chris L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have a feature to have team members set availability for managers to approve.

For example: if Team members are not available on one day of the week, or only certain days of the week, it would auto populate those days into a new schedule.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base