We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Ability to customize notifications

I would love to customize how notifications and reminders work: when they are triggered and have one central place to set their settings

49 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under review  ·  Project Sonoma Support responded  · 

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion! We’ve released a preliminary version of this feature on our mobile devices that allows you to set how soon before your shift you are notified. This is a work in progress, so we’ll be improving on this feature. Let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas.
Thanks,
StaffHub Support

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the employee the option of turning off all message, alerts, etc while they are on their day off.

• ashwin.nambakam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need proper notification for incoming messages and requests. Without proper notifications, incoming messages and requests are missed, and sometimes not seen at all until it's too late.

I only want a notification when i am about to start a shift. I don't need to know every time the schedule gets updated.

Like most, we schedule Shifts or amend Shifts ahead of time & this is sometimes during the night. If we "Share with team" at that time the team receives a notification on their device immediately. This is sometimes 3am; which for some reason they don't appreciate!

We would like a setting to say something like "Default notification time for future Shift"; that way we could set a default time for 08:00 This obviously should be ignored if amending/creating shifts for that day, as there may be a need to immediately notify the members

HOWEVER: if the "Share" button is chosen within a particular Shift; this notification should be sent immediately.

I want shift reminders but not to be notified when any change has been made on the schedule. others may want all notifications but I only want to be reminded when my shift starts.

• Tom Resing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be notified of shift assignments and reminders. I don't want to be notified of chatty team members discussions.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pre-set a sound notification against the shift that is assigned to a specific individual. Due to business needs, we schedule different shifts throughout the week to a certain individual - it would be awesome if the individual received a "wake up" notification in order to reduce tardiness

• Celia Voysey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can currently only get a reminder up to 12 hours prior to a shift - would be good to be able to set this for 24 hours (or maybe even longer) since 12 hours isn't really enough time to change a shift if you need to (because you've forgotten!).
    It would be good to be able to customise reminders to be either via the mobile app OR via email too.

Allow users to not only control settings for shift reminders, but turn off message notifications

I agree too, the ios app is missing the option to set reminders on the shift which the Android version provides, would be good to get have the feature moved to IOS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base