We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow a quota of users that do not have an Office 365 license

In retail, there are minimal chances that each person of the staff is assigned an Office 365 license. Most times these people do not use a computer or do not require email. Also think of temporary staff...
Therefore, you should allow a certain percentage of users to use their Own Device and own phone number/email.
Otherwise StaffHub is not going to work with small/medium business.

85 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carl McKenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Free kiosk or special staffhub licences for non-profits would be really useful for volunteer organisations. Even the cost of kiosk licences is too much to make this a viable solution for most groups I work with.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is other software which is even better than stuffhub and cheaper, for example: Deputy - for 2 pound a month per user (half the price for 365 email) it lets you not only schedule people for shifts, swap shifts etc, but it can also do staff costs for you, forecast, time sheets, export to payroll and much more. Check it out.

• Andrew Ribaudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or how about charge the license based on usage ie hours timed. That way you could still communicate with temporary staffing (asking for additional shifts) but not be charges just to have them on the team. As it stands we have to manage the licenses and it gets to be very difficult we 90 ppl.

I work in a health care facility with 54 nurses and 84 nurse aids. Listening to the 'Firstline workforce and Office 365 Microsoft StaffHub BRK1007" They state that Office 365 F1 ($4 mo)is the minimum for using StaffHub. Most of the nurses and aids don't need email or any other office programs. It doesn't make sense to pay $4 a month for them to have access to a full feature set they will never need. Not only that but 138 X $4 = $552 month. This has value but wow that's a high price per person considering most of them don't need 3/4th of the features of Office or email.

• Mike Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this anywhere close to coming online? This is the perfect solution for us as we have a very large frontline staff with no need for even an E1 account. All of the managers have E3 licenses. This is a deal breaker for us. If we are able to allow access for non-365 users, we will work it in. If not, we will have to find another solution.

• Parker Sines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this Staff isn't designed like this by default. I at least expected to have some single payment for x amount of users instead of requiring an office 365 account for each user.

I think most people using this to manage their shifts aren't going to be full time employees. Except for the person setting up the program and original shifts. And those that are shift workers likely aren't going to have an office setting where they would already have a 365 account to use office programs.

I work for a non profit where we have a large portion of office workers that have office accounts but none of them are shift workers. But we also have a large portion of part time workers that don't user office accounts but would find Staffhub useful.

Yes please!!! my employees don't use an email for their work. Im not paying for them all to have an email. Im going to have to use another service

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want field Labor team use staffhub to arrange their work day, but some employee won't have e-mail address.

• Amy VanHoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with the comments below. I've run numerous restaurants and hotels, and cannot afford to pay for each of my employees to have an Office 365 account, nor do I have time to manage permissions for each of them. I would love to use StaffHub as an alternative to products like HotSchedules, due to its integration with Sharepoint, but without opening it up to non-Microsoft account holders it's a non-starter for me.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We run a hotel business and a large portion of our staff do not require an email account or O365 license.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jan, it would be easier to add members from Staffhub instead of having to create a new account from Office365 and use the unlicense feature. Seems a bit odd that you're able to invite people to Staffhub through the Staffhub software, yet they can't access Staffhub without a 365 account.

My main issue being the confusion that will arise as I give managers admin privileges for schedule creation. They'll be able to invite people who won't be able to access Staffhub. I'll have to educate them all about this but it seems like a step that could be nipped in the bud.

• Rami S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to create a temporary team member for those occasions when you hire someone and you want to add them to your planning but they do not yet have a corporate email account

• Mark Tootell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a number of guest user or agency/ staff on a rota without setting up on the company accounts

I agree. Within a small hotel company that uses a proportion of casual employees depending on demand it it not realistic to have an account for each employee as some may only work for a few weeks and then move on.

• Winny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so true, particularly with non-profits (yes they get free/cheap licenses) but may have high turn over, same as construction industry, etc. Not feasible to purchase licenses for all users where they just want them to use StaffHub and not have any other piece of O365, including email

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for a staffing company that manages contract employee schedules for their staffing clients! Would love to see the ability for people to use their personal email addresses for "read only" access to view schedules set up by a StaffHub manager that has an E3 license.

• Jack Gilmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include the ability to create team members who do not have Office 365 email addresses for instances where staff do not have work email accounts but still require to view a schedule.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base