We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow sharing of files from other sources such as SharePoint

Enabling files from SharePoint. Include SharePoint files under "Files", so that I can have only one place to edit and manage files.

310 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Henry Karlsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mahazer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Can someone help me, Today, I deleted a group in staffhub and create new. but I'm not aware that once i deleted the group, the folder and file that link to sharepoint also deleted.

How can I get the folder and files back.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please listen to the comments on this thread. They are valid and we need a uniform platform that is consolidated for our groups and tools. I want to be able to enable any tool for any group and it links together. And the option in each tool to link to existing group

• Jorge Gallego Veguillas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Christinan, perhaps you can choose the best way for share files in each Company. In general, If you connect Staffhub with Sharepoint in Files perhaps is a good way

• luisr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Darn right! There's multiple places to put tasks; multiple places to put files, and multiple places to have conversations (Teams? Skype? Yammer?)

It would seem that EVERY Microsoft team decides to re-invent the wheel. And make things MORE confusing for customers in the process.

• Christian Gustafson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently within Microsoft Office 365 products there are various ways and location to store and access files but no single consolidated view of my organizations files exists. Now that we use Teams, SharePoint, Exhange, Office 365 Groups and OneDrive for Business, our files are all over the place. I’m all for having options in the ability to access our files but having multiple storage locations makes it nearly impossible to find a file later on. A common question from the team - Which tools was that in again?

When creating a new team in Staffhub, it auto creates a new group on Office 365. But if you already have groups setup for your teams, you end up with two identical groups on Office 365 which is a PITA. You can delete the one that Staffhub created, but you cant then link the Staffhub team to the existing group

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have Staff HUB Option as a channel in MS Teams alternatively as an a selectable tile to add as a tab

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this. We have several department groups that are already created. Those departments now want to use StaffHub. So we have two options - either live with having two groups for the same people, or create the StaffHub group and then move everything over. Yuck.

• Jeremy Lukan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to have it linked to a specific Group, I like the way Microsoft did the "Convert DL to Office365 Group". That same group would be great to have it's own dedicated calendar. And assign each StaffHub group to that group and able to see staff scheduling associated with that group.

We are still using the old method of Public Folder Calendars, but until I can have group calendars like this, we will have to stay with the old method.

Would be nice to add this App to an existing O365 group like Team.
    This absence is the case, why our organization doesn't use StaffHub.

• John Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are starting to use StaffHub as it is very useful for us. Our current process is to create all of our O365 groups in StaffHub first in case we want to build a StaffHub schedule on it later. It would really make a lot of sense to be able to create a schedule based on an existing group.

• James Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this statement:

"I would like to have the ability to link an existing Office 365 group to a staffhub team.

Team are already in place within the organisation and it makes little sense to have yet another isolated team created simply for the purpose of staff hub.

The need to link staff hub to existing teams much like how it can be done within Teams is a must." - Alan McBurney

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base