We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Create re-usable shifts that are saved for weekly scheduling and assign a color

It would be useful to have a place to create shifts. For our team we have mixed shifts (e.g. between Monday to Wednesday it's 09-18h and from Thursday and Friday it's 21-05h). If we could configure these shifts and save (color, notes, etc) it would be easier to do our weekly schedules.

Thank you!

I would like to be able to create base shifts. Grocery store example: I have cashiers and shelf stockers. I would like to create a shift named “Cashier – Morning”, “Cashier – Evening”, “Shelf Stocker – Morning”, etc. These shifts would have typical hours and colors associated with them.

Then when I am scheduling for the week, I don’t have to remember what other managers use for identifying a morning cashier shift.

348 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francisco Ferrinho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to create a schedule and using copy and paste to save time. I cannot use the drop down on shifts previously created because it does not carry over the shift notes which I need. VERY often, copy and past will not get the times right. My overnight shifts (8pm to 8am the next day) will get switched to 8am - 8pm. It is extremely frustrating and could be eliminated by the ability to define shifts with times, colours, custom label, activities/beaks and shift notes that could be used by all managers to create the schedule and then we have consistency and reduce errors in the schedule.

So I think I figured this out, perhaps it was updated and I just didn't figure it out before. When you delete schedules you have to re-publish then the calendar clears up. When you want to 'copy' a schedule, DO NOT copy and paste, if you do multiple weeks at one time you just start typing the shift name you were using and click, just like excel.

Yes please! When you copy a schedule it duplicates on current week as well as any week you paste to, this is not good! My calendar is now a mess! And NO way to clean it up that I can see short of deleting team members and re-adding them.

I am surprised that this has been requested by so many but not put forward for consideration yet.
        I know you can select from some shifts that you have created recently but it is inconsistent and sometimes if I need to modify a shift for a special reason but it is still called the same thing then it is what is shown in the drop down. There is a need to create static pre-defined shifts that all managers can use to create the schedule.

Yes please! The fact that you cannot save shift types with the name is very inconvenient. I know I can go in and search for a shift I've put in before but if I go to add an additional shift I cannot pull out shifts that I've created in the past and I have to create each shift from scratch. To be able to create a database or a list of all of the shift that you use in your organization and have them saved with their settings so you just pull from that list would be fantastic

• Blair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the people using the phone app to see the shift name as it is the job site they are to go to. In short I would like what is displayed on the phone app to be user configurable

We work on the private party side of valet and every shift has a different name. This would be great

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to have. The ability to name the shift and have the time frame show as well. Not just one or the other. Work in a busy 911 center and need to know both there shift time and what they are assigned as for the day

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to create base shifts. Grocery store example: I have cashiers and shelf stockers. I would like to create a shift named "Cashier - Morning", "Cashier - Evening", "Shelf Stocker - Morning", etc. These shifts would have typical hours and colors associated with them.

Then when I am scheduling for the week, I don't have to remember what other managers use for identifying a morning cashier shift.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extending this pattern to be set monthly, or on a set amount of weeks would be good.
        We have different staffing needs in the summer, fall, and spring times, and being able to save templates would go a long way to providing flexible functionality.

Adding patterns would allow you to approve vacation requests months ahead and be able to see where your deficits are. How soon is all of this coming? It seems there are many of us asking for the same thing

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to have the shifts saved like the time offs. In settings you can set the different shift types so these can be selected. and For the time offs to be saved with colour coding in setup rather then changing at a latter date.

Would really like to be able to create a recurring roster than can be setup. We can then edit with changes, rather than having to add the roster every month.

• John Mathieson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to create a recurrence function for shifts that only work on specific projects for a limited time. For Example:Every Thursday from 5-8:30 for 13 weeks

• Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mayby with Shortcuts. Example: click on a day an enter V (for Vactation), then the field would be green and so on

Looking for an area with position/shift templates - so that common shifts can be setup permanently, with the ability to view them all on one screen, instead of randomly popping up in the suggestions drop down.

I agree, and would like to add that the re-usable shifts must be editable too. I find it very frustrating that I can't edit a shift for everyone in one hit. When for example I set up an 8.30-4.30 and apply it to lots of people on lots of days, on to discover I should have added a break. To fix this I have to create another shift and apply it to everyone again, I can't just edit the existing shift and have it apply to everyone on every day who already has it.

I think you're right to think this seems aimed at retail where no two weeks are the same but it'd be very useful in my line where the shifts change rarely.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base