I suggest you ...

Create re-usable shifts that are saved for weekly scheduling and assign a color

It would be useful to have a place to create shifts. For our team we have mixed shifts (e.g. between Monday to Wednesday it's 09-18h and from Thursday and Friday it's 21-05h). If we could configure these shifts and save (color, notes, etc) it would be easier to do our weekly schedules.

Thank you!

247 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francisco FerrinhoFrancisco Ferrinho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marco BonaventuraMarco Bonaventura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice choose predefined turns from a list-box when scheduling, not copy/past or make a new one every time.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extending this pattern to be set monthly, or on a set amount of weeks would be good.
        We have different staffing needs in the summer, fall, and spring times, and being able to save templates would go a long way to providing flexible functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding patterns would allow you to approve vacation requests months ahead and be able to see where your deficits are. How soon is all of this coming? It seems there are many of us asking for the same thing

• BradBrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to have the shifts saved like the time offs. In settings you can set the different shift types so these can be selected. and For the time offs to be saved with colour coding in setup rather then changing at a latter date.

Would really like to be able to create a recurring roster than can be setup. We can then edit with changes, rather than having to add the roster every month.

• John MathiesonJohn Mathieson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to create a recurrence function for shifts that only work on specific projects for a limited time. For Example:Every Thursday from 5-8:30 for 13 weeks

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mayby with Shortcuts. Example: click on a day an enter V (for Vactation), then the field would be green and so on

Looking for an area with position/shift templates - so that common shifts can be setup permanently, with the ability to view them all on one screen, instead of randomly popping up in the suggestions drop down.

I agree, and would like to add that the re-usable shifts must be editable too. I find it very frustrating that I can't edit a shift for everyone in one hit. When for example I set up an 8.30-4.30 and apply it to lots of people on lots of days, on to discover I should have added a break. To fix this I have to create another shift and apply it to everyone again, I can't just edit the existing shift and have it apply to everyone on every day who already has it.

I think you're right to think this seems aimed at retail where no two weeks are the same but it'd be very useful in my line where the shifts change rarely.

Agreed, there needs to be a way to set schedules for employees once and forget it! Is this more intended for use for coffee shops etc where their shifts might change frequently?

• Tony MTony M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create global shifts and assign members to those shifts would be a great addition.

• Peter WolbeekPeter Wolbeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also think about multiple week shifts. Also with night sifts it is often one week nights and one week day sifts. But also in other situations I think the ability to have multiple week schedule which repeats.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to Outlook it would be good to create reoccuring shifts that can be applied to a group of users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base