We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Add Location to Staff Shifts

It would be nice to add an location to a shift so the employee know's where he needs to be. In addition to that it would be great to add an "navigate" option so new employees can just hit the button and the navigation take them to the location

203 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jos Muller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow to add notes, details about members. We have some members information that we need to see in the schedule. Supervisor Name, location. Please allow to add and view members details.

• Samad MOHIUDDIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding multiple sites / properties, so when roaster is scheduled we can add assign site and reports can be extract user gave how much time to which site. Same way how much time has given to a site. And these sites can be integrated to teams, share point and user calenders can synced to stuff hub to show what time users were busy where exactly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This message hits the nail on the head. I cannot emphasize the importance of this suggestion since in our situation we have many employees migrating between different locations all week. You need to be able to assign them to various locations and see an overview of where they are and rearrange their location easily. Great concept but Matthew Smith below this comment has it nailed. Probably most important feature for us before we could deploy effectively.

• Matthew Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have reviewed Staffhub from a multi-office perspective. Exploring Groups setup as locations did not allow us to drag people between the “location” Groups and creating a new team for ever location defeats the purpose of seeing coverage across all locations.

Having a dedicated location option would be extremely helpful as long as there is a view created support location - like the People View or Shifts View. I would also hope the Location View would allow you to easily drag people between locations.

Moving members between groups or between locations is a critical feature for us to consider using StaffHub effectively with our front-line.

add a way to define separate office day form field day in shifts (and add location if field day)

Hi there to whom it may concern, My idea in StaffHub to set their different workplace location. For example how we set their lunch time, we can specify set their working location as well for them easily get know their shift hour. Please try work on it we will appreciate in more.

Currently using Group to define store location. But, this means we can't see Manager and Associate hours by store. System as designed works fine for mom and pop store with one location, but Microsoft is too complex for small business. Need to add a layer (or two).

• Juan D. Ayala Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our company we have a for the TI field service support, it means that e engier must travel between location/sites almost every day. We would like for Staffhub to have the option that allows configure different locations for each team and each people in the team. This configuration will help to know where is located each employee.

• Sunita Khowal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be helpful if we can have option to add multiple locations and allow clock-in\out based on location assigned to employee\groups.

• Ed Fogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is my main requirement, so frustrating. At the moment we use read only calendars to do rotas, with calendars for locations and also for each staff member. Ideally we would be able to add entries via either the location calendar or each individual team members and it would copy across.
    Also the online calendar solution we use to share calendars used for rota purposes (we use it as it makes centrally controlling who sees what very easy) has a very clear week view- which shows the start time and the end time (which can be changed) on the screen WITHOUT the need to scroll up and down. I'm amazed you don't have this in your design. Really disappointed at the moment, I do hope you listen and make improvements as we really want the rest of the 365 package if this works, thanks

• Ed Fogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi- was so excited when I saw microsoft were integrating a rota app into 365- sad I know but we have been waiting for one integrated solution for ages. Sadly it's not there, I can see that already. We, and I imagine a lot of other businesses like ours need to be able to-
    1) look at rotas grouped into two types- Locaton and staff member. So we run a care home business with several addresses. We can then either look at the location calendar to see who's on where or an individual staff rota. Ideally we would like to be able to add entries from either the staff rota (specifying the location) or the location rota (specifying the staff member). Either way the location and the individual rotas would be copied across both 'locations' as well as 'staff'

I haven't properly checked it out yet to see if we can use outlook to create individual rotas, but if not I think having a calendar view to create a rota is just essential, as we are very used to working and viewing rotas as calendars, and it gives an easy oversight into a location's staffing

• luisr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND, should have the ability to add a 'sublocation' or SITES *Within* locations.

Use case: when assigning employees to work at Hospital, Colleges, Universities, campus-style customers, we often need to identify both the location (COLLEGE X, and the site "Library Building"). It's just not practical to create EACH building as a separate location.

• Kortney Jarman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also with the location, have a report/tab/view/etc. that you can view the hourly coverage at that location.

Feedback and Knowledge Base