We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Paid break details into shift (i.e. lunch break scheduling)

Insert paid breaks (required by law) into an existing shift like lunch breaks. Also request changes to a scheduled paid break during my existing shift.

An example of a team that needs this functionality is an IT Help Desk which requires scheduling of lunch breaks to ensure there is always one employee on the phone at all times.

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Johnston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this comment. Here's my suggestion: Have two sections of activity on the shift - one that gets copied (like scheduled breaks) and another that has notes for that specific instance of the shift (which wouldn't get copied - would include expectations for that day, for example). Not having the scheduled breaks / lunches copy forward is a show stopper for us. Without the ability to copy the breaks, we are editing 300 entries each week.

When copying shifts, activities within the shift should also be copied allowing to copy months with ease

• Matt Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to be added
    I need to see this under the shifts view so its easier to track. It should also modify the count of staff when you enable the "Staff per 30 minutes" feature

The break time should also be visualized in the various views so you can see across multiple schedules to check for coverage.

• Lorraine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to be able to schedule break times and have an option of deducting the time off the hours!

This is why StaffHub won't work for us. It needs some more features to make it more flexible.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this makes it very difficult to schedule who is on the floor when I cannot see who stepped away for break.

• Peter Deacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Schedule break time, you can state the Break times but cant allocate the Lunch break that the time is for. Be able to balance staff availability across the week to ensure there is cover all the time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base