I suggest you ...

Sync StaffHub chat with Microsoft Teams

Microsoft has a lot of communication functions that don't talk to each other. StaffHub chat should link with Teams (or Yammer, Skype). Otherwise teams end up with snippets of conversation hidden in various programs.

246 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminSandra (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We’ve started looking into this feature and are excited to get it going. Let us know if you have any feedback or scenarios for us to consider here!

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • @DavidMcKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A related note, now that we are using Teams a lot more, would be to have a Staffhub tab inside the Teams app so that scheduling can be done right from there, and review of schedules and requests for time off right from Teams as opposed (or in addition) to the mobile app.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability for the message function to work like a message app does. Loading videos, liking photos and everything else!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In short we want the Teams created in Microsoft Team, Conversations, and Files to be in sync with Staffhub since Microsoft Team offers the same functions. It’s extremely hard to get anyone to use it if everything is not connected. Not so tech savvy staff will be confused on which app to use even if we give them training.

We expect to migrate some teams away from Skype for Business and to Microsoft Teams -- especially when we have integration of Teams with external users later this month (hopefully). It would be nice to be able to send messages from the most convenient and used method, rather than force the user to message from within StaffHub.

We use Crewapp and Wheniwork. We would love an O365 that combines them both! We are implementing Dynamics for Operations. We are trying to keep everything in the O365 family.

• Fadi Haddad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Usually, we don't like many complications, every time a new app is being produced I create a group for my team to book the name then no one uses it, maybe for lack of time to read the instructions or explanation about different benefits, but the fact is we're still looking for an easy platform, can be accessed from mobiles, both OS's, & desktops easily for any normal chat, site & office, like WhatsApp, but for 365.

• Matt Whitehorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the least, my company could utilize the Team Site that gets created in the O365 Group by the StaffHub Team creation to be able to push Team Site News to the mobile app. It would be really nice if the StaffHub Teams that are on a peer level with each other, could be subscribed to a Team Site and the Team Site News pushed down to ALL the teams. And obviously push notification on the mobile app is gravy on top!!

Currently every new system in O365 starts with a new chat-system. Staff-Hub would be a great system for the communication between "offline-workers" f.e. at outside construction-areas and their managers in their offices, but should be integrated into the O365-landscape. There is one standard-communication-system which has potential for a companywide usage, which is Yammer, but it should be integrated into Teams and Staff-hub and replace the current standalone chat-solutions.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sandra,

we are using Teams and Dynamics365 CRM.
        Since teams is a "Spin-Off" of Outlook Groups I would expect that a desktop teams user can directly communicate with a Staffhub user 1 to 1.

For example a Payroll accountant needs to chat with a field technician.

Maybe a team chat is not necessary.
        But 1 to 1 is important.

For us, the primary function of StaffHub is to manage schedules and shift change requests. Ideally, any chat in StaffHub would sync with Skype for Business and Teams (which also need to sync!). Then the end user would add the application that best meets their need.

For instance, not all of our users are using Microsoft Teams -- those that are working on client projects, however, definitely are moving in that direction (especially when we get the ability to add external users for collaboration in the full teams environment).

Our bookkeeper / office manager uses Skype for Business.

Together, these are very powerful products; separately, and not speaking to one another, they fall short for us. A little collaboration between the product teams would be REALLY helpful to those of us who try to select the right product for the job. Thanks!

• P Sanouiller Hex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Staffhub and teams would be a great tool. Teams and Planner to manage and plan and Staffhub for end users to read shift and communicate. All 3 could make a grood team :-).

• Nathaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see it as an extension of Teams so one can easily jump between conversations/channels... as opposed to apps to respond, reply, etc and use staff hub for scheduling, maybe clocking in/out if this feature gets added, etc Cheers

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate StaffHub into Microsoft Teams and we would love you forever!

• Mahmoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if there's any kind of collaborations with Yammer this will be very useful.

• jesse Wysong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously! They even have all these group functions that don't talk to each other. Would LOVE to leverage my -existing- teams in O365, not just create a redundant group for scheduling purposes. I REALLY want scheduling don't get me wrong :-) We have 2 dozen business premium licenses for office staff, and a bunch of essentials licenses for the warehouse. Being able to get Kiosk licenses for our drivers would be amazing!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base