We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow staff to schedule their own shifts.

We have "flex time" users who can schedule their own time, but that time is locked once scheduled. A "flex time" user who can create/submit-for-approval and submit-edits-for-approval for their own schedule would be very useful.

205 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Max shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome! If this wasn't going to be possible my org would have used Harvest

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The employees should be able to suggest or submit a shift for a day w/o assigned shifts. Administrator can add shifts, employees can add request to administrator for a shift.

• Andrew Ribaudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been completed? I'd like at least for staff to show availability for shifts into the future - months - with reminders to update availability when their requests are expiring

• Shaun Mayo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow team members create, edit and delete their own shifts. Also allow them to add other Team member's to the same shift.

At the moment there are only two permission options. I would like to see more levels, including create and modify own shifts.

• Sean Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this! This puts the final nail in GSuite and our entire org will move to Office365 once this is implemented. StaffHub is pretty great except for this missing feature.

• Brad Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am excited that this feature is being worked on as I would like to see this app used at our local volunteer fire department. There is two firefighters on duty from 8-5 Monday-Friday. The rest of the time is covered by volunteers. The part time workers are a group of ten firefighters who sign up each month with all of their available days for the next month and then the fire chief schedules two firefighters and a back up for each day. Is it possible for the part time staff to be able to go on the app and put in all of the available shifts they can work for the month and then the fire chief can approve the personnel that he wants to work each day or will the shift be unavailable once a staff member picks it?

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howie, how do you use volunteers currently? can you add guest users to staffhub? Do you have to manually enter them?

• Menno Drescher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a week full of shifts and would like to have workers choose them and allocate them to their own schedule.

• Graham Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yesssss! right now I make all user admin to allow this. But it would be nice to have finer control of what a user can do on (Create shifts, Delete shifts, edit shifts, Publish shift etc) of have more option that Just read and Admin. Maybe have more like Manager (Can approve shifts), Admin (make changes to all settings), Contibutor (Can add own shifts), and Read.

• Howie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Believe it or not volunteer organizations also use your product. Please allow workers to select their own shift from an (empty) shift schedule. Thank you!

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managers can create schedules or available shifts; employees can then log into their StaffHub and choose the shifts they are available for. This is important in conferencing, outdoor education, recreation, and any organization whose scheduling needs vary based on consumer needs. Also helpful for organizations that have temporary or seasonal staff.

• Alan Doyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a really needed feature for a lot of companies, there are quite a few out there who are "flex time" and need to be able to allow them to add there own "jobs" to a day and check in and out of them freely, more like harvest app allows users to do, than this would be an amazingly powerful app and would be exactly what we would need for our company.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Our engineers get calls when offsite at short notice, sometimes out of normal office working hours.

Feedback and Knowledge Base