We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow for multi-day shifts

We need t be able to set and manage the schedule for tour leaders who are assigned to multi-day tours. So I need to be able to set the end of 'shift' as more than 24 hours after its start. Currently the end date is uneditable, it's based off the start date and a max of 24 hours

90 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Landon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're actually planning a move away from O365 due to lack of response on items such as this. Too many other services that offer these basic functionalities without forcing us to buy exterior SaaS services to fill the gaps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also need this to manage on call schedule. Lachlan pretty much captured our exact needs in his comments

• Lachlan Macnish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, we need this for on-call rosters too (it's all we use the calendar for). WIthout at least 24-hour shifts the hour calculations are useless. We need to be able to put 3 x people on-call for 7-days at a time. At the moment we just put the weeknights covering just the after-hours period, but for weekends we can only do 23.75 hour shifts.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be perfect for supervisor standby time (on call) schedules.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would need this to be able to manage shifts in a hospital for on-call at the weekend from Friday evening till Monday morning for example... You either are on this shift or not you only can swap this whole shift with a colleague, not in pieces of parts of a day...

This really needs to happen.. I've managed to make them import into Calendar as full day shifts by utilizing Flow, but I can't span multiple days, our calendars look like junk!

Need ability to track workers that work a rotational schedule (i.e. 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off) and can edit start/ends dates if rotation is shortened/lengthened a few days. Also need ability to mass setup these schedules.

I would suggest to add an option to add multiple day shifts, e.g standby shifts. Now a shift can't be no longer than 23:59 hours. I know I can add multiple shifts in a row, but these kind of shifts are traded more often at once. now you have to trade 7/8 shifts instead of one.

We need this for 24x7 on-call rosters. Example - 8AM Sunday to 8:30AM Monday for a weekend on-call shift.

We need this as well. We use Staff hub to show our employee travel plans, which require multiple days of coverage.

I need this for 24/7 Emergency Service. Worktimes are from Monday 07:00 - Monday 07:00 next Week.

Currently, you can only schedule 23:45 hours shifts. It would be a good idea to include whole day or 24 hour shifts

Feedback and Knowledge Base