We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow open shifts for overtime scenarios

Allow administrator to offer an overtime shift to team members who can respond if they are available, the order in which the responses are received are logged and it is also possible to keep track of who performed the overtime.

145 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy Mair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an incredible addition. I allow my team to grab incentive work and this would make that easier to schedule in.

• Richard Ferro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have it like a Team Member but called Over Time. Example for Sunday OT:

Over Time 4p - 12a

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even in a non over time event, this would be helpful. Also, the option to make this a one time, or permanent recurring change (select-able by employee) for purposes of copying schedule forward in time.

Open shifts is critical when you're managing 150 (college) student workers. Working around their class schedules, other campus involvement, holidays and breaks doesn't allow for them to work the same shifts week to week. Also, we're a campus Rec department. while our facility is not 24/7, we do have extensive operation hours; therefore not all shifts are the same length of time. During finals weeks, holidays and breaks, we like to post unassigned shifts and allow staff to pick up the ones they're can/want to work. I have used SubItUp and When To Work. Would definitely switch to Staff Hub if the scheduler had all the necessary components.

• Alec K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When copying and pasting open shift to a team member, allowing all tasks and information to copy and paste with it. Any ETA on the Open Shifts update?

When open shifts are available, allow staff member to select open shifts without having a current shift to swap. This will allow per diem staff members to pick up hours when they are not already scheduled to work.

• Edward Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My rotas are constantly changing - not one week is the same. When new shifts come up, the current cloud based rota software i use, allows me to create an 'open shift'. All staff get notified via an email or mobile notification and staff can then choose to claim the shift. Staff's availability changes often so this is a perfect feature and makes my life alot easier. Please say you can do it...

• Kristol Cummings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to assign set tasks to specific shifts (This task always needs completed during this shift).

• Parker Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for shifts to be left up for grabs on a first-come first-serve basis. This is a very important element for some organizations because some tasks can only be completed by people who do not have other conflicting tasks at the time, and the organizer may not know who that is at the time of shift creation.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow management of shifts through a 'shifts' page.

This would allow the shift to be updated with the new details for all workers currently allocated that shift, or just for new allocations.

Overtime option where the first Team member to respond gets the Overtime posted. In addition the Calendar would be automatically updated with the overtime accordingly.

• Alanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create capability to post a list or calendar of available shifts and have team members accept them.

It would be nice to have the ability to offer an additional shift or hours to my staff

We create a plan one month ahead in our cinema. All employees are volunteers. When the plan is made public all employees can select the shifts that they are able to work.
    It would be nice with a feature for creating open shifts that are not assigned to anyone.

• Alistair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would work well for us if another idea of adding in staff skills is implemented so it only offers overtime to those who are adequately trained for the overtime role.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the event that additional hours are needed beyond normal employees schedules, allow the manager to add "Available Overtime" hours. Once added, notify the employees that overtime hours are available and give them the option to request to work the posted overtime shifts.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open shifts should be highlighted, made available (Top of mind, alerted, popped up) to department employees.

•Create a category for them (we're doing this on our own for now)
    •Have the ability to push them to staff (notify, text, email, etc alert types)
    •enable staff to pick them up on their own (with mgmt approval) If they are in that dept.
    •Track changes.

• Matt Tilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to send out an "open shift" request to staff when there are holes in the schedule. A function that is a mostly automated process by picking the day that needs staff, choosing the quota of staff needed, choosing who to send the request to and then send to those individuals. The staff can then either accept or decline. If they accept it automatically adds them to the schedule.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base