We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow only admins to create teams

I've noticed that if a staff member logs into StaffHub via the desktop website that most admin functionality is removed, however they still have the option to 'Create a Team'. Could this please be removed and available only to an admin.

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To follow on from my comment earlier... the "Manage who can create Office 365 Groups" guide specifically includes "StaffHub" as a service that will adhere to the restrictions, so this appears to be a bug, or broken implementation.

The way it's currently working makes no sense. Many of our customers have restricted O365 group creation as per the guide here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/create-groups/manage-creation-of-groups?view=o365-worldwide.

But Staffhub seems to ignore this, and just drives a truck through the restrictions. The Group seems to be created with the permissions of the StaffHub Service Principal rather than whoever is using StaffHub.

This needs to be changed to fall in line with the rest of the O365 apps that do manage to adhere to the Group creation restrictions (Planner, Teams etc).

This seems to be a very good idea. Teams creates a group, a distribution list, and a sharepoint site. How do you manage this?

• Berit Lind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really should be possible to create a policy which will prevent all or groups of users from creating teams. Some users will create any number of teams and expect IT to clean up after them.

Limiting team creation to admins will help retain organization and reduce confusion

• Joel Vega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to limit the ability for normal users to create teams at will. This functionality should be limited to admins only. The alternative could be chaos for managing different teams that could pop up.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this feature is crucial for our hotel operation, we don't want any user to create teams.

Please add it so we can roll it out to our 200 hotels over 7000 employees.

A staff member can create a new team. This should be only available to staff with admin privileges.

• Z1TT0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now everyone can create Staffhub Teams. I think it would be nice to see the same functionality as we have to Office groups where we can limit the create function to a certain group of people, out from a security group.

• Shaun Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps an Admin option to only allow users part of a specific Azure AD security group to have access to Create Office 365 Groups would help (see that StaffHub utilizes O365 Groups)

I (and I am sure many other O365 Admins) have a problem now with A LOT of staff (not to tech savvy) creating completely unnecessary groups (which are mostly set to public as well) which is also showing up in the GAL (which other users are complaining about.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base