I suggest you ...

Differentiate between an administrator and a manager.

Differentiate between an administrator and a manager. Admins can support the department by creating shifts and adding/assisting employees but requests are sent to managers only for approval.

101 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Meagan Baxter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I feel very uneasy about having to make people "admins" just so they can assign/change shifts. Admin access lets them do things that they have no business doing like deleting team members or changing settings. We need more granular permissions so that "admins" manage the overall StaffHub settings/higher level stuff and "managers" are restricted to scheduling tasks only.

• Alistair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 4 shifts with 4 Shift Leaders who I would like to manage their own shifts time off requests. It would be good to be able to create a shift and assign a shift leader to that shift as well as assigning associates to that shift.

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, I am an administrator and have three supervisors within the department that I schedule for and they share team members so all have to be on the same schedule. I would like to be able to limit access to the supervisors to their own task teams/work groups and not vacation scheduling

• Chuck Steen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I am a manager and have 3 leads that report to me. I want them to be able to edit and add time off for the call center reps, but I dont want them to add or edit there own time off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base