We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Connect StaffHub to Outlook calendar of team members for availability

It would be great to have a preview of each team members Outlook calendar while planing and to have planed shift in the members Outlook calendar as write back, due to the fact, that Outlook is everyones main calendar.

493 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Torben Volkmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  AdminStaffHub Support (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Hi,

We have added support in Microsoft Flow that will allow you to add your new shifts to your Office 365, Outlook.com or Google calendars. You can find templates for these flows here: flow.microsoft.com/search/?q=staffhub

Please note that these flows currently only work for team managers, but we’ll soon update them to work for team members as well

- Aby (StaffHub team)

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ultimately Staffhub should be seamlessly linked to Outlook and Teams for two way interaction. Being able to see the team members schedule and setting open shifts all linked into the Teams app for completeness. Whilst maintaining the 'in field' component as well.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to have this! Would it be a possible way to have a flow to publish all (new) shift information to a SharePoint Calendar list which then can be connected to an outlook calendar by the each member of the team? If yes, how could we manage changes in existing shifts (they are then not new but changed) or deletion of shifts?

• CC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution using Flow seems to be creating a new outlook calendar event automatically. However, users (managers/staff) may approve/disapprove/cancel leave. Since the flow is not Syn, I suppose the Flow cannot update outlook calendar for disapprove/cancel cases. Please correct me if I was wrong.

Appreciate if a solution can be provided for using Staffhub to manage staff leave with a proper integration with calendar.

What is your deadline for making it work for team members?

I will only start using StaffHub when this function works.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Flow options look great for bringing info from StaffHub to Outlook, however there should be a way to bring flagged scheduled items from Outlook to StaffHub in a manner that would simplify time off, especially for recurring events.

Very disappointed -- "what is" compared to "what could be" is a very wide gap. I will not use any app that doesn't sync with the other Office 365 apps. If I can't see the Outlook Calendars of the team, then no. Staffhub requires I set up another team, but I have set up the team under "teams" but the two identical teams do not talk to each other.

• Pete Juvinall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my view in here. The Staff Hub phone app is useful, but without the tie in to O365 calendars, Staff Hub scheduling is pointless. We have a service desk that we've used calendaring for; staff aren't just frontline workers, they do other things.

Microsoft Bookings is a great tool for a hair salon, staffhub is great tool for staff to pick up shifts, but Microsoft Bookings is not aware when an employee picks up or changes an existing shift in staff hub. This would be a great integration, so hair salon customers don't see them as available for this shift.

If this is possible and I'm not seeing how, please let me know.

This flow is update more than just my shift in my calendar, how do I set it to just upload to my own outlook calendar

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update to this? I am big fan of StaffHub but really need it to start speaking to Outlook because of scheduling and updating schedules. This feature through Flow was not useful because when I added a schedule to someones calendar it worked but If I deleted their schedule, it wouldn't remove from their calendar. Flow just didn't work the way I needed it too.

Also, when I published a month schedule, it didn't show up on their calendars either! I had to copy and paste the exact same calendar, after I published it to show up on through flow.

I would really love StaffHub to be speaking to outlook now!!!

• daniel kramberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To connect Staffhub and office 365 calenders would be a great tool for any palnning manger and reduce time to forecast the team delivery capacity

I already voted, but I wanted to reemphasize the point that Flow is not an adequate stop gap measure. It is entirely too complicated for most users, and given that it currently only works for team managers, it seems particularly useless. It seems silly to me that two Office 365 scheduling products cannot communicate with each other. That seems like it would have been a given as a feature. It's much easier to create schedules when you can see a person's availability without having to navigate back and forth between StaffHub and the Outlook Calendar.

Would love to have a way in an outlook calendar when an employee picks up a listed shift have it automatically send shift to staff hub without having to manually enter them.

Connecting with outlook calendar where team member can sign up for shifts without having admin access to change calendar unless approved. And access to print week at a time schedule.

• Kristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the template for adding a calendar entry when a new shift appear, works great! What if there is a change on that shift. How to update the calender with those changes?

• Brian Burleigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the flow "solution" and while it does work, it's not elegant in any way. Flow itself is still very difficult to break into for the average user, and I want to advertise this product to my clients. I spoke with one today and while this isn't a deal breaker for them specifically, he will still need to set up several staff with the flow to make it work.

Flow itself is not really 100% yet and should not be relied upon as a solution to anything. Without going into detail, I feel that the amount of times the flows break/fail means this is not going to produce a reliable business process.

• Eric Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if StaffHub not only wrote to Outlook, Google and Apple calenda via an O365 subscirpion, but if it would be able to see when there are other items on that calendar and mark those employees as unavailable much like Outlook Scheduling Assistant does. The scenario for this is that some of our full time managers are the last resort for filling in event shifts. But, we also have day to day meetings and appointments on our outlook calendar that our scheduling manager cant see unless we go and plug them into StaffHub in addition to our O365 calendars. Basically, if it was a full fledged member of the O365 app waffle and talked the same language it would work great!

• Eric Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't a viable long term solution. The ability to write to and from Outlook, O365, iCloud Calendar, or Google Calendars is very important. It is already getting very frustrating that two way communication isn't possible with at least Outlook.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base