We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Create StaffHub teams from existing Office groups.

It would be a good functionality if we could create StaffHub teams out from existing Office groups. As it is now the StaffHub team creates an Office group. Just like the fuction we have now with Teams where we can bind a new team with an existing Office group.

295 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Z1TT0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jorge Gallego Veguillas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello James Shride, and Anonymous, I understand ... I will see it again

Well, we are better, now we know how to join a group in Teams too :-) :-)

I will see it again...

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jorge Gallego Veguillas, I am referring to StaffHub.

I can already populate teams in staff hub via DG's, however I would like the DG to Persist, so that if I take someone out of the DG, it ALSO takes them out of Staff Hub... and vice versa.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jorge - I think this is referring to connecting a new Staffhub "team of people" to an O365 Group, not connecting Teams the product to an O365 Group.

• Jorge Gallego Veguillas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

You can join Teams to an existing Office 365 Group. Steps:

1) In Teams App you go to Teams icon in the left panel
        2) Then you watch the list of Teams, on bottom you have a link "Join or Create a team", do click it
        3) Then you see in the middle of screen a card "Create a team", do click it
        4) Then Teams opens a new window, on bottom you have a link "Create a team from an existing Office 365 group", do click it
        5) Then Teams opens a new window where you can select your Group of Office 365

Try it and if you want more information I will read the nexts messages or you can write me to jgallego@awinf.com

Regards,
        Jorge Gallego

• Kreera House commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@James Shride - Not everyone uses AD distribution groups, even in environments where you sync some AD objects to the tenant. In some environments, there is no AD. But every tenant has O365 groups.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to StaffHub and don't know how to do what you suggest. I have two locations. I've created a group for each location but want to share some team members across both locations. How do I accomplish this?

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not target this by AD Distribution Groups? Better yet, have it SYNC with that group, so just adding someone to the DG adds them to staff hub?

• Hrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this?
        It passed more than a year from Idea, and more than 6 months from latest Admin update.

• S A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft,you need to stop creating an office group for each service. As is,there are so m any groups with same members and no unitification between them all. How is it that these services are rolled out with any though behind adding synergies between different 365 services? This is becoming a nightmare for IT departments and end users. If you keep doing this, you will get worse reputation thatn what Microsoft already has with user community. NOw you are also putting off the IT departments.

• Andy Corson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use StaffHub with Teams, but there are 2 things I would like to see:

1) the ability to use StaffHub with an existing Team/O365 group
        2) when members are added to either StaffHub or Teams, the new people show up in the other app.

I added a person to Teams, and now I have to add them again to StaffHub. Dual maintenance doesn't make sense. I really think Microsoft should have basic functionality like this already in place before rolling out their products.

• Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I don't like having to have multiple groups for the same team just because Staffhub app doesn't allow linking to existing groups.

I want to make 1 group, and be able to link Teams, Planner and Staff hub to that single group. The way it is now is way too confusing with multiple groups (for each app).

If I knew better in the beginning, I would have made the staffhub group first, then connected teams to it (but who knew..)

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything else is integrated with existing 365 groups/teams - any update on why StaffHubs isn't the same?

• Nathan Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deploying StaffHub to a client that has a O365 already setup and we are talking about what groups need to be recreated for StaffHub. Can you give and update as it would reduce my workload by a ton if I don't have to recreate the groups & their content.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base