We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Manage list of activities centrally

Manage the list of activities centrally to avoid letting staff create their own. This would further facilitate filtering or summing up time by activity across staff.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminStaffHub Support (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Philippe – 

Would you be able to provide some more context of the scenario you’re trying to complete to help us better understand how we could improve the product to meet your needs?

Thanks

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should access to the activity list in a separate page, with the possibilities to set them.
        Thanks

• AdminStaffHub Support (Admin, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

If you click on the ... menu on the bottom right of an empty shift you can create a new shift. Once in the Add Shift panel you can create activities for that specific shift. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

StaffHub

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Need help.
        I cannot seem to add any activity type I cannot find Add/Edit Shift not Add/Edit Activity.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Cyrus and Paul below. In order for this tool to meet my departments needs, we need to track the # of labor hours worked against any number of projects (in flow terms, "activities") during a given shift. Please consider modifying the "code" field in the add activities section to be longer than 2 characters.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evaluating now and this seems to be the only thing missing for us, I'd like to be able to define new activity types rather than just "lunch" and "break" so that production staff can log time against the project they are working on and have more than 2 characters for the code so we can put our client reference in there. Then with reports or an API export we can see if we are delivering within budget.

• Cyrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managing activities can allow a way of accounting for hours spent on specific projects. A hierarchy of activities would be really nice, were you can have a Program with child projects that have child tasks that have child activities. This would make it an amazing time tracking software and allow understanding of resource allocation and spend, otherwise its just an HR tool

• Cyrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managing activities can allow a way of accounting for hours spent on specific projects. A hierarchy of activities would be really nice, were you can have a Program with child projects that have child tasks that have child activities. This would make it an amazing time tracking software and allow understanding of resource allocation and spend, otherwise it's just an HR tool

Feedback and Knowledge Base