We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Clock in from a desktop using employee number

Our store has a station/pc specifically for clocking in/out. It would be beneficial for us to have our employees quickly clock in/out from the assigned station rather than from their mobile device. Especially if they forget their phone that day or the battery is dead. Currently we are using the Open Time Clock system and all they have to do is type in their employee ID and click "Clock In" or "Clock Out".

230 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Romo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Manuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tienes toda la razón, nosotros también hemos tenido el mismo problema. Los clientes no quieren descargar aplicaciones en sus móviles.

• Conor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to others. My small team is set up to use Staffhub and are making use, but would be really helpful to have some more powerful features like this. A windows 10 app might be a nice thing but honestly making the web interface more powerful from an admin point of view and more streamlined from a user point of view would all be very useful. But definitely want the ability to clock in and clock out more easily.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, we need an update. We would like to move forward with more Microsoft apps but this is definitely a reason we are not moving forward.

• Ryan Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this to be able to actually use this feature.

It would solve a lot of business cases and surprised we haven't had an update in so long.

The phone app is good but staff don't want to use their personal phone. Having a Windows 10 app (or just the ability to clock in from the web) would be massively useful!

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Update? This is the only feature holing us back from using staff hub.

• Paul Moyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I work with a bunch of paranoids, being able to clock in from their PC and not "corrupt" their phones would be a huge advantage. Any news on progress for this feature?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do not want employees to use their personal phones to clock in/out as we would feel obligated to pay them a stipend to use it. Each employee works at a PC station that belongs to the company so adding the time clock to the online version would be so helpful!! We have about 100 PC stations at several different branches across the state so everyone doesn’t check in at the same location.

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any News on a timeline yet? Waiting for this feature to go live before using staffhub.

• Mark Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to clock in from a desktop app or browser removes the I forgot my phone excuse and would help with buy-in from other departments.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft,

any news from this feature? When will it be available? (Status = working on it)

Thanks
        Thorsten

• Lee Matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what im looking for. We currently are using a system that has a kiosk option. This device is from Senor and has a barcode reader and biometric reader, So staff scan their badge and fingerprint. I would like to reuse these devices with staff hub.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base