We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Clock in from a desktop using employee number

Our store has a station/pc specifically for clocking in/out. It would be beneficial for us to have our employees quickly clock in/out from the assigned station rather than from their mobile device. Especially if they forget their phone that day or the battery is dead. Currently we are using the Open Time Clock system and all they have to do is type in their employee ID and click "Clock In" or "Clock Out".

203 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Romo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to clock in from a desktop app or browser removes the I forgot my phone excuse and would help with buy-in from other departments.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft,

any news from this feature? When will it be available? (Status = working on it)

Thanks
        Thorsten

• Lee Matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what im looking for. We currently are using a system that has a kiosk option. This device is from Senor and has a barcode reader and biometric reader, So staff scan their badge and fingerprint. I would like to reuse these devices with staff hub.

• Michele D. Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have a desktop version of this as well. I have had a team piloting the phone version for the past few weeks to see if we can incorporate it and it is just too confusing to everyone to keep up with on phones. People forget to sign in or out. Keeping up with lunch breaks just adds one more layer of difficulty for those who are not tied to their phones. In addition, I have varying levels of technology experience. A desktop version work be so much better for us!

• Benedikt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another update.

All of our employees have nfc-chips, but we can`t change their content.
        Androids/IPads can read them nowadays.

Setting an user id-access path for the chip.
        Registering tags/values per user
        & then clocking in out with simple punching would be amazing.

Or at least an API for third party terminals/apps

• @DavidMcKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my staff to be able to clock in by simply logging in to StaffHub on their PC -- and then we'd lock it down to THEIR PC by routable IP address, and perhaps NIC? When we used a web based clocking system, before we changed PEOs, they clocked in and out from their own workstations.

I'd also like to see this integrated with Teams so that StaffHub can be a tab in the Teams app (desktop and mobile), and the user can log in when they boot their computer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to clock in/out with my computer. If I am on the phone when I leave, clocking out is a problem.

• Benedikt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please consider to do it in such a way, that its usable within teams.

I would like to have a tab/webpage where employees can simply track their time and have an overview over history.

• Anthony G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nice, idea, i think MS are working on this :), please combine to the other post if you are MS please :)

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! However, this would not work for me as each person that uses the same computer has their own login information with their own desktop/account. It would have to be an online login.

Yes we are also waiting for a desktop . tablet clockin and out function.

It would be good to get a development update on this as three months since last update is quite some time.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft,

any news from this feature? When will it be available? (Status = working on it)

Thanks
        Thorsten

This is essential. We are waiting for this to happen so we can see value in this product. When is this going to happen?

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on when this will be available. We are waiting for this feature to use StaffHub. Unable to use without.

• Andrew Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each member of my environment is essentially a contractor that manages their own schedule. Administrator does not create schedule and contractors are responsible for edits and changes in the field.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once the clock in and out feature is live online I would strongly recommend finding a way to incorporate it into Microsoft Teams. This would empower teams to work all from one joint web app location.

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sandra,

Thinking out loud I can see a couple of things that might be nice to have on the back end of the PC clock in.

- IP/MAC Address. = The IP is nice, but the MAC tells me exactly WHAT computer they signed in/out on.

- Authentication = They must sign into staff hub to sign in, I would assume, as in my case at least, we have a high employee headcount/turnover and entering an employee number/personal data/etc for every employee would eat up a lot of time.

- Manager Overview = Managers might benefit from the power to opt for an email or App Alert when an employee clocks in/out. If I have staff that might start clocking out early (large headcount) It would be nice to see those clock-outs in my email at 4:30 instead of 5:00, for example. Also, the ability for managers to edit those clock out times, (and of course leave a mark that they had edited it). If there is a sickness or personal emergency and the employee needs to leave, I'm certainly not going to bust their chops about clocking out first before they go. :)

Employee Reminders = If the employee goes beyond their scheduled periods of work, they get a reminder if they clock in, but don't clock out. I would like to see two. One about a minute before they clock out, and one 5 minutes after the shift end (if they forget to clock out).

That being said I am sure others can build on this, but these are a few ideas in this element I think would be a huge asset to the software.

Thank you,

-Jim

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base