We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Group chat, delete a message

In the group chat session, there is no way to delete a message.  Imagine that someting offensive is posted - its there for good!

78 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A manager or so should be allowed to delete, either inappropriate comments or simply some topics not intended for some audience (junior staff i.e.) as might confusing them

Yes please! Sometimes the staff use the messaging for none business items and I want to either delete the message all together or be able to stop allowing comments on that particular group message. Some having a manager have the ability to "turn off" messaging for a group message would be helpful too!

Administrators should have the ability to delete unwanted group chats. Employees have used the app as a social chat and some may be offended with comments that have been posted.

• Jordan V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is implemented I believe Admins should be able to see a history of what was deleted to better moderate chat between coworkers.

• TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do they keep insisting on not allowing delete? Why is it Microsoft's new policy to keep everything that is said? I don't like it and neither does our executive staff.

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to delete or moderate chat messages would be highly welcomed.

This function would be handy, as during the set trial and set up of staff hub, an employee posted a picture to the group chat that some would find offensive.

• luisr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have the ability to *DELETE* messages that are not relevant. What's the point or archiving if its un-necessary

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to remove old messages from the page to clear and find messages quickly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base