We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Ability to send messages from desktop

send messages from desktop to group

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Stedman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sean Den Bok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The message feature is great, but kind of silly that we can only access it from the mobile platform.

• Carrie Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. With the latest update on IOS, I now have staff who can only access StaffHub from the web version. They are only able to see their shift and the first few words of any notes for that shift.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developers, is there any reason for not having the same features that are available in the app like messages and others available in the desktop version? Most software has more features in the desktop version but not this one. Why is that?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

implement the chat you can use in the app, to the desktop version as well. It's really annoying that you have to use your mobile phone if you want to communicate with your team.
    Would much more easier and faster if it would look like whatsapp-web

• Gro Elin Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be useful for the shift managers who anyway use the PC and web interface to plan the shift and upload the files etc. I notice that StaffHub has decided to integrate with MS Teams, but guess what: not all companies nor shift managers use Teams. Their workday is extremely hectic and context-switching is not something that should consume their time. MS Teams is great for white collar, office workers - please don't mix those two target groups.

• aarmani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful for users who cannot get cell coverage during a shift.

• Luis Quintana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just messages, all features in app should be available via desktop. Request time off, would be especially useful.

• Allison Marchant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was unable to access the mobile app for sixty days after a regulation O365 password change, and while my issue was eventually resolved I could only access the web app for that entire length of time. I was without administrative functionality during an introductory period for my team of 40+ and I missed every single message that was shared for that entire two months because it's a mobile-only feature.
    If there had been a way for me to even just read messages sent out by my team, I would've been very grateful!

• van commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the Staffhub team needs all resources on this! not all people are deskless! Maybe there is a manager who wants to communicate from the desk, while others are deskless....

• Stephen Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my staff and schedule managers that are non-salaried do not want any work-related apps on their phone, but they want the ability to send and receive messages with the staff as they are primarily on a desktop during their shift.

Feedback and Knowledge Base