We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Automated shifts systems

Organisations such as the Fire & Rescue Service require a minimum staffing level to operate. Dedicated shifts systems form the basis to provide the staffing requirements. Once structured staff can then formulate their own shifts following simple principles on numbers skills (groups) and hours required.

163 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eddie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Julio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome, if the tool could have minimum coverage [Minimum ammount of people assigned during a range of time] and a "business hours" range, in our case we are 24/7 but some activities are not 24/7 and both require minimum coverages.

This is for Shiftplanning and we currently do this in excel, but having this options in Staffhub would bring a lot of value to the tool.

• Ioannis Skias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could put all my votes on this one! This could make Staffhub a marvel!
        When you have to deal with many people of different needs, likes and personal obligations/limitations, it takes ages to come up with a plan that satisfies everyone and be fair at the same time. An automated shift creator would be truly useful and time saving.

You could start with entering each person's limitations and preferences and then add some general schema rules (etc. have at least two consequent free days in a month, equal amount of morning/night shifts for all team members, a person's shift change to have at least X amount of time between - not have a morning shift after a night one, ...i can give you a ton of options....).

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be super useful but I think it needs some machine learning or AI to be able to allocate automatically based on some parameters like day off, max number of working hours per week, etc...

• Meredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We are using this for our student office workers and they rotate Saturdays, it would be super useful!

• Jose Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS! A millions times over. We're about to abandon using Staffhub because this feature doe **** exist. It feels like this should have been the very first feature implemented and everything else should have been built around it.

• Victoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes-- this would be a great feature! we were rotating shifts-- would be great if could upload pre-exiting rotation schedule

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team have a pre established rotation of shifts (late early and normal)

It would be good to see if we could take say for example a 5 week rotation of shifts and allow it to automatically schedule itself based on that rotation instead of manually inputing or copying from last schedule and moving things around each time a new scheduled rotation is starting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base