We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

View and edit clock in/outs within StaffHub

It would be helpful if you could view when employees clock in and out within StaffHub, rather than having to download the spreadsheet every time. Also, there needs to be a way to edit employee clock in/outs in StaffHub itself for when employees forget to clock in our out.

287 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Beth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this feature? As an Admin, I need to be able to EDIT clock in/outs, most employees forget to to clock in or out sometimes. Also I need to be able to VIEW the activity without having to download an excel. We are requesting this option only for ADMIN users, not for employees.

• Jose Freyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

uh.. i'm confused Ur asking for a feature that directly defeats the entire purpose of a time-clock???? Edit when punches happen? If yo need to fix you fix in accounting not the time clock its function is to record ACTUAL real work activities if someone forgets that a job performance issue and yea if you wanna pay em you gotta have the pay adjusted not change when the punch happened after the fact

• Andrew O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had a staff member forget to clock out by over an hour in the first week of us testing the system. The fact that the person is not able to edit this is proving to be a deal breaker along with the fact that another team member does not have a smart phone to even download the app!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to be on your dev team's list of priorities to allow admin to edit our employee's in/out times. I hope this feature is added quickly and if not we'll have to use another system. We would love to stay with StaffHub though!

• Andrew Ribaudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this - my managers really want this feature. currently they have to track the changes and send it to corporate to update the downloaded excel file.

Yes, yes, yes! Please add this functionality. Having to manually keep track of time edits defeats the purpose of this tool. We really need to be able to edit punches to account for the realities of our busy lives.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree we need to have that option. This will be a deal changer if I am not able to go in a edit in/out. I have one member on the team that does not have a functioning smart phone and cannot access the app to clock in, nor can we see a place online to perform that function.

In order for this to be a realistic time clock, the ability to edit time punches is a necessity. Otherwise, we all forget to punch in and out every once in a while, and it cannot be fixed.

Being able to edit, whether it is admin or the staff themselves is needed 100%

Unfortunately, StaffHub could not replace our current system until this feature is fixed. I do not know of anyone who uses the punch in and punch out system anymore. It lends itself to many errors. We know staff are at work, they work with clients so you cannot fake being there but it is such a busy environment that staff cannot clock in and out right at the exact time and we do not pay by the minute. Staff should be able to edit time of arrival and time of departure and length of break.

• Vish Sethi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to capture GPS location while clicking in/out also. Imagine being able to ensure staff are clocking in when they arrive on campus as opposed to while driving to work.

• Travis Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We love StaffHub and we could get rid of our existing time clock system however StaffHub lacks here. It is essentially useless because you cannot edit time, and a host of other issues already listed here. I don't know how any organization is using this to track employees time. It is incredibly manual.

• Brian DeVault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to edit a time clock entry is a core piece of functionality. There is currently no way to edit any entries once they've been made?

Having staff spread over a large university campus I need to know if they have actually arrived, having some indication on the desktop would be ideal.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a feature that is needed. Each time period one of our staff members almost always forgets to clock in or out. When we go to edit it on the exported spreadsheet, it doesn't auto sum, which makes it difficult and time consuming.

• Jason Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important and needed feature. Also, it needs to have an audit trail showing what manager edited a time entry, when they did it, what they changed it to, and what they changed it from.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base