We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Set managers by specific group only - not just overall.

We have 45 locations - we would like to have overall visibility but only have our store managers have visibility and permissions to change their own location.

115 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to designate a manager per group who is responsible for creating his groups schedule. As induviduals can be scheduled in different groups within the same team, it is no option to create multiple teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned already by others, our team would like the big picture schedule visibility of all its members, however, we do not need/want the time off requests going to all Admin personnel as managers within separate groups are authorized to approve time off only for those within their group. For everyone else the requests are needless/distracting. We would like to see the ability to designate group managers and have time off requests from their fellow group members be routed to them. It would be nice too to be able to designate an overall team manager who would still get all the requests and could approve them in the absence of the various group managers.

• Kreera House commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go a step further and would like to see the ability to assign a manager to each team member and have requests only go to the designated manager. For example, take a larger team with multiple managers splitting up the reports among them and the entire team is manning an on-call schedule. In this scenario, you couldn't create different groups. You would need to have all team members in the same group. In the current configuration, all managers receive all scheduling and time off requests. Ideally, the requests would only go to the manager of the employee submitting them.

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in a similar situation, I would love be be able to give limited admin control to group leaders within teams, preventing them from having total control of the product.

• Chris Saretzky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some time off requests are sensitive and employees don't always want to share the reasons with managers in other departments

Feedback and Knowledge Base