We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Integrate StaffHub scheduling into Teams

Allowing StaffHub scheduling from within Teams would be a very useful feature. Imagine this: a single application (Teams) for file sharing (One Drive), intra and inter-departmental discussion (chat and Groups), tasks (Planner) AND scheduling (StaffHub)... what a wonderful world that would be. The only function currently missing is the scheduling tool.

My current workforce is questioning why we need to use multiple apps to achieve - this would settle that debate in a hurry.

455 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erik Balcome shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration into MS Teams is a must. We have been searching for a combined time clock (w/out set schedules) that also tracks activities being worked, and a request off solution that would sync with an Outlook calendar for some time. Our office has fully bought into MS Teams and this would help simplify HR's life tremendously.

• yaniv ran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tim, what he meant was that you can add it as a website and then people can log in and use it from your team. Obviously far from optimal, but at least it's "in" teams..

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Anonymous @ August 19:

How? I've been through every "store" I can find and can't locate that function.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our support team is going to be using the StaffHub tool starting in August. We heavily use MS Teams and would find this integration very valuable.

• MK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That will be absolutely brilliant. If that cannot be done then the app becomes worthless because it removes the team from their core function. So, please embed it in the Teams and Planner.

• Kobus Nell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to use the Time clock to link times of day to certain activities, to track how long an activity took. This can help with future planning of activities and make those estimates more accurate. Obviously linking this with the tasks in a Team environment would be ideal.

• Matt Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think having a separate app is necessary for some frontline workers. In some scenarios, all the supervisor needs them to be able to access is what's in StaffHub.

I do think, however, the two should be mirrored so that if a team utilizes teams, they can see everything they need to in StaffHub as well:
        - If a team utilizes StaffHub, perhaps make the messages the #general channel of a Team and vice versa. Direct messages should be delivered via Teams DM which StaffHub could utilize in the underlying framework (easier said than done, I understand, just thinking/dreaming). Lastly, notes could be echoed in Teams as well.
        - Place the StaffHub files in a folder (maybe called "StaffHub") under the Team OneDrive site.
        - To-Do's could be tough, but I think instead of integrating that with Teams or Planner, it should be integrated with Microsoft To-Do where any task assigned to you shows up in your To-Do.
        - Scheduling could be a Team's app that managers can leverage to schedule shifts, approve requests and make notes/announcements for the day. It could also be the place that team members go to view their schedules, request a swap or time off or see notes for the day.

This allows a team to use one app or the other or both instead of splitting the purposes and scope between the two. You want them to be independent apps, but you also don't want them redundant, and therefore confusing and where things are now, it does feel that way.

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMGOODNESS YES. Please tie this into teams. Even if its just a Teams "Connection", things like mirroring the chat and enabling shift swaps about be fantastic. Especially in environments where personal phones are prohibited.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if the tool had a widget or something similar for Microsoft Teams so that requests etc could be carried out from within the Workspace

Feedback and Knowledge Base