We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Allow schedule to sync with Outlook calendar.

I have in my business multiple calendars between management software, desktop calendar, tablet and smartphone and I think this should allow them to update across platforms to avoid entering multiple times.

445 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this!! I have THREE jobs two with students and I must use one calendar. Inputting my StaffHub analog is torture. Seriously. Thank you.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the connectors, and they work, you can create a shift in almost any calender app BUT if you switch shifts, annulate, or edit shifts, the calender is'nt up-to-date anymore... what's the use of putting energy in flows that doesn't work anymore with changes?

Really annoying and a waste of time... Please put your efforts in an overlay for any calender app. and Stafhubb wil beat anything!

• claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good first step but I would like to second the comments of some other people - it does not appear with the shift notes or individual shift notes on the calendar which would be most helpful

Microsoft,
        This just goes to show that common sense isn't so common in this day and age. What were you even thinking when you designed this product? No link between a scheduling product and your main flag ship product, outlook. Or even providing some sort of ical/calendar feed so it can be linked to calendar products?

You know about this major problem, and yet you keep dragging your feet....

The flow connector is horrible and the sync is only one way so if the

being able to sync outlook to staff hub so it automatically populates would make my life so much easier - especially when managing a number of directors who rely on outlook

• donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Flow connector is a good start but it just comes up on Outlook just as an entry with no details and also the time is in UTC rather than the user's local time. Keep working on it - you are nearly there :-)
        Donald

• CC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Aby, Is the Flow a syn function? or just add events but won't remove/change an event?

The title of the Flow seems not a syn. But users want to syn with outlook calendar.

This would be a great addition, Sync outlook calendar with Staffhub including all national holidays and other company events.

• Anndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the outlook calendar by chance the same thing as the calendar on your iPhone?

We're an Office 365 site and one of our groups decided to purchase When to Work for shift work. It doesn't play well with O365 but I'm unable to stop the train from rolling to other groups when Staff Hub doesn't automatically integrate with their existing Calendar. Using Flow just seems cumbersome. I'm not sure I understand why this product is offered as part of O365 when it clearly doesn't work well with the other pieces.

Perhaps a better way for Microsoft to do this would be to create an additional calendar per user in outlook called staffhub, which has their shifts. Similarly to in OWA you can add a calendar for a sports team etc, just make it for Staffhub that shows shifts for their credentials?

• Brad Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll reiterate the significance of syncing between StaffHub and Outlook Calendars. The Flow works great for inserting into calendar, but as others have noted, this is just one step of many that are needed.
        When there is a delete or change, that needs to sync or flow to the calendar as well.

Our managers use the overlay feature in Outlook Calendars for a variety of purposes and not having the staff schedule right there makes using StaffHub clunky and an extra step

Also, as noted by others, it would be a tall task to ask hundreds of entry level employees to go into Flow (even with the sharing options in Flow).

Flow connectors are flawed in 2 ways. 1. Deleted Shifts are not removed. 2. It adds the shift to your calendar instead of setting your work hours. This does not set the free/busy info so that someone trying to book a meeting with your knows when your at work.

Is there a possibility of being able to to sync with the preloaded apple mail on idevices?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base