We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Build the view around shifts, not people

What I want is simple: 1) a locked left hand column with pre-set shifts established by the admin (I need five of them, times never change), and 2) floating daily, weekly, or monthly right hand columns that are empty until team members 'claim' them or swap them.

I DON'T want to build around a left hand column of team member names. Thank you!

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Howie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cathy McCoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Schedule View, be able to add people to a specific shift on the schedule, rather than having to go to People View and add specific shifts to people.

• AdminStaffHub Support (Admin, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Thanks for your feedback. SatffHub has a "Shifts view", also known as "Overview". In this view, all of the shifts are listed on the left and the team members assigned to these shifts are in the day columns. Currently, this is a view only, meaning you can not make edits from this view. We are working on making this an editable view in the future.

Depending on the version of the site you are running, you will either find this view in a drop-down menu on the top left that allows you to choose between "Manage" and "Overview", or you will find it by clicking on the clock icon next to the person icon on the top right next to "Day Week Month".

• Howie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team members work on a volunteer basis: please allow me to build a calendar view with the same five shifts every day (365 days a year), whether those shifts are filled or not, and allow my team members to choose their own shifts (or leave blank) without me having to determine that for them. The enterprise we work for has moved us to your platform, away from the application of a small start-up. I have to say that there was far more functionality and options in their offering than in yours!

Feedback and Knowledge Base