I suggest you ...

Allow users to clock in with the web interface in addition to the app

We can't require our employees to use their phone if they don't want to. I need an additional way for them to clock in. They should be able to clock in and out on the web version of StaffHub.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trevor Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Sandra responded  · 

Hello there,
    Thank you for your suggestion! We’re currently considering providing the ability for employees to clock in and out on a shared desktop experience, where the manager would set up the shared device on which employee can complete their time clocks. If you have additional scenarios for whether this would or would not meet your requirements, please do let us know!

Cheers,
    The StaffHub Team

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential. We are waiting for this to happen so we can see value in this product. When is this going to happen?

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on when this will be available. We are waiting for this feature to use StaffHub. Unable to use without.

• Andrew Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each member of my environment is essentially a contractor that manages their own schedule. Administrator does not create schedule and contractors are responsible for edits and changes in the field.

• James Shride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sandra,

Thinking out loud I can see a couple of things that might be nice to have on the back end of the PC clock in.

- IP/MAC Address. = The IP is nice, but the MAC tells me exactly WHAT computer they signed in/out on.

- Authentication = They must sign into staff hub to sign in, I would assume, as in my case at least, we have a high employee headcount/turnover and entering an employee number/personal data/etc for every employee would eat up a lot of time.

- Manager Overview = Managers might benefit from the power to opt for an email or App Alert when an employee clocks in/out. If I have staff that might start clocking out early (large headcount) It would be nice to see those clock-outs in my email at 4:30 instead of 5:00, for example. Also, the ability for managers to edit those clock out times, (and of course leave a mark that they had edited it). If there is a sickness or personal emergency and the employee needs to leave, I'm certainly not going to bust their chops about clocking out first before they go. :)

Employee Reminders = If the employee goes beyond their scheduled periods of work, they get a reminder if they clock in, but don't clock out. I would like to see two. One about a minute before they clock out, and one 5 minutes after the shift end (if they forget to clock out).

That being said I am sure others can build on this, but these are a few ideas in this element I think would be a huge asset to the software.

Thank you,

-Jim

This is exactly what we need however the one issue with using a shared desktop to clock is that not every employee would be able to clock in at exactly 8 a.m. for example which is the beginning of a shift for us. We would want these times to be accurate so that when we pull the report it can be used by the payroll department to generate for payroll amounts for each employee. For us it would be essential to have the option for employees to put the time or adjust the time they are clocking in and clocking out so that the reports are accurate. If we have 20 employees and they're all clocking in and out anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes on either side of the actual shift times, it makes a lot of work for the person pulling the report and having to edit all the times so payroll is accurate. If this was the case we would go to another solution. Thank you so much for considering to add this. There are few wishlist items that are holding us back from starting to use this and this is one of the big ones.

Hi thank you. the best scenario for us is that staff can clock in and out on an ipad or stand lone computer that is in the sports centre. Forgive me for being cynical but if staff are allowed to clock in and out on their mobile devices then it is open to abuse. Hence i would like them to be able to do this but it has to be on site. thanks Dorothy Company HSL Ltd

Feedback and Knowledge Base