We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Sync shifts with an outlook calendar

I work for an events venue and all our bookings/events/functions are organised on an outlook calendar. if i could sync that calendar within staff hub then it would half my time, i would just need to allocate people to the events...

79 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edward Price shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As other people in the tread I would really like to see a native integration of staffhub with outlook. Staffhub is a shared calendar most of the time with employees of the same company who adopted Office 365 hence with a personal Outlook calendar, the lack of this functionality make the adoption poor. We arranged the integration with MS Flow but It is not perfect and and there are some concern with It.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will stop using the tool, if the posibility of updating outlook calendar automaticly

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, there will be no use by our company if, the calender can't be integrated in an extra layer of standard calender apps...

• @DavidMcKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have also started using Bookings for appointments, and I'd like it when staff has a day off that it be posted to their Outlook calendar so Bookings knows they are not available.

Similarly, if their requested time off gets approved, it should sync to their Outlook calendar and note there is a conflict with any existing appointments so they can be rescheduled if necessary.

• Anthony G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get your frustration. there are many apps that overlap, id say they want to keep it as an app for mobile workers without need of an email / outlook. We do need 100% integration (ms flow, to teams, planner, outlook.

Dear admin, please combine to the outlook integration ideas.

• Andrew Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are currently Flow tweaks that will sync staffhub with the outlook calendar. It's not perfect, but you can tweak it so that when a staffhub item is created it is added to the outlook calendar. I've made a modification within the add-on that titles the outlook event as whatever note I have written, instead of a default "From Staffhub" Hope this helps in the short term.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/578985bec47d4d8ab4ad45b0d77e2207/add-new-staffhub-shifts-to-your-office-365-calendar/

• Jacob Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

StaffHub is a fancy calendar. Can it just build on the calendar everyone is already using (Outlook)? The problem with these types of apps is that to start using them you need to enter the same information in multiple different places to make sure it's visible to everyone who needs to see it. I like the idea of StaffHub but in an actual team these types of changes would increase its usability, effectiveness, and adoption rate.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you coordinate StaffHub so that automatically updates with Outlook calendar?

Feedback and Knowledge Base