We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Add people to shifts not shifts to people

We have very set shift times with standard breaks everyday. It would make it easier for managers to assign people to, say the lunch shift, rather than creating a new shift every time sometimes forgetting to add the breaks etc.

95 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% need this to reduce the admin of giving everyone a shift, the other option is being able to drag the team member to a set of shifts in a week after copying the schedule other to a new week.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this idea. There are many jobs where shift times are standard and therefore the allocation of tasks is essentially what the roster is.
        I have not yet found any app that can do this. There seems to be a whole in the market. Someone get it done !!!

• archana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this too, it is much more easier to assign people to a particular shift, and have this shift reiterate for the entire year until otherwise told to do so. It is extremely difficult and the benefits go to waste when we have to copy paste each and every shift to eaach and every person, Excel could be easier in this case.

• Conor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like it's important to underscore this idea. In my org, we have a series of jobs/shifts that need to be assigned and we can assign them to a variety of employees. The important thing for the manager is to ensure that all of these jobs were assigned for a given day. It would be simpler to set up the organization in the opposite way that staff hub does, where there are a series of set shifts and we assign those shifts to employees. Rather than assigning each employee a distinct shift.

Feedback and Knowledge Base