We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to allow you to share your ideas and requests with the Microsoft StaffHub team and community. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

I suggest you ...

Let StaffHub Users Add Non-Employed Guests

Please allow users of StaffHub to add Non-Employed Guests.

As a Project Manager I have seen many instances where we could utilize StaffHub across our organization, within Institutes, or on small teams. Our environment and our stakeholders are dynamic. Also,
they consist of both employees and non-employees (guests). Our guests are independent doctor's, consultants, and vendors. More significantly though, StaffHub does NOT allow users to add any non-employed Guests; we can only add employees currently within our organization.

This one simple constraint is so constrictive we simply cannot utilize StaffHub as much as we could, despite it being perfect in every other respect. Therefore, I estimate this constraint limits us to the extent where 80-90% of the opportunities to use StaffHub are lost. IOW, its potential is simply wasted by this single constraint.

It would be great and empowering if StaffHub could permit/allow guests (aka non-employees) to participate or be added by users easily.

65 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Frank F. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should come out with non office users to access the app and see the schedule time and notification.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a small Cleaning business with 35 Employees. We only have 5 people in the office that have O365 accounts. Yammer allows a guest, so our whole team is on Yammer and that works great, but I can not justify paying for Thirty O365's just to use Staff Hub. So this is a no go for our deployment. Please, Microsoft keep us small business owners in your radar.

• Dan Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that would add immense value for non profit organizations that have a high volume and turnover for volunteers.

Same here. We are a huge hospital network and we can't organize our volunteers and staff in the same system. Its a shame.

• Jordan Reinhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of my organization serves as a BPO call center where our agents need to work with on-call providers within our customer base. Having a federation or other secure guest account like with Sharepoint or Teams would be a GREAT benefit where those non-employee users can self update their on-call schedule. Otherwise, I'm forced to pay double or triple the cost for a non StaffHub solution.

• Dian B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would see a large adoption rate for our organization to staff hub with the external sharing as we partner with many different consultants and sourcing groups. The ability to collaborate within the staffhub mobile app has our stakeholders excited with the possibilities. Licensing all our partners would be an extreme overhead cost which we can't absorb. Please add this to the roadmap as soon as possible.

• Brad M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - in our case we have a young and everchanging bus/wait/kitchen staff across our restaurants and motels. Licensing each of them is too much overhead and maintenance. We would like to use StaffHub, but it doesn't seem ready to face some of these basic needs yet so we will continue to us ShiftSchedules.com.

Agreed. I have a few clients where they have employees in remote areas that do not need a 365 license. We can add them as guests to access libraries, lists, and sites of our choosing, so why not have the ability to track their time and have the functionality of StaffHub?

Feedback and Knowledge Base