We are aware of this issue and our engineering team is working to fix this.
Yes can't express how annoying it is. My shift patterns are complex. Say I have someone doing 4 shifts in a row and I have a requirement for what ever reason to copy or move some shifts say to the 30th of a month. Then if I try to paste out of the current month into the first few day of the next month it doesn't work.
I would like to choices for requests such as swift swapping, annual or sick leave approval
1) Assign each User a Manager - this way that person gets the request notification
2) Assign each Group a Manager - this way that person gets the request notification
3) Assign a 2nd and even 3rd line Manager approval option to ease up approval process - this should only kick off a notification in even that the above two options have not actioned the request after a determined and configurable period of time - perhaps 48 hours or 1 week?
Ability to roll changes back just like you would have in Excel or Word... version history basically with rollback.
Completely agree. This has been one of the biggest challenges bringing my rota into Staffhub. I have five groups and each group has a varied pattern and varied rotation period - some up to 15 weeks from start to finish..
If you have rostered a year or two ahead this is an absolute must have. Deleting a month at a time is painfully slow. Instead of the pop up telling you that the person has shifts assigned you should give options to the user:
1) Delete user and all assigned shifts
2) Delete user and migrate all assigned shifts from a particular date forwards to "Free shifts"
3) Delete user and transfer all assigned shifts from a particular date forwards to another user
NOTE: Deleting the user should only Archive it and you should always have the option to look back in time on a user no longer in any Shift group
A must have.
We are working on drag and drop for the schedule web app. We will let you know as soon as it goes live!